It’s no secret I’m an avid sports fan, and one of my favorite times is when it’s the Olympics year. So I thought I’d ask my designer friends if they have any favorite Olympics crochet patterns.
It’s been tough waiting an extra year for the Tokyo Olympics, but the time is here and at my house, we are ready for all of the events. I’m partial to softball and gymnastics, but we are also lovers of track and field and volleyball. Really, I just love all the sports.
For the last few Olympics, some friends of ours have hosted an Olympics-themed party. Each family chooses a country and that is the theme for their attire to the party along with bringing food. We play Olympic-themed games that are kind of “Minute to Win it” style and collect points as we go along. Medals and prizes were awarded to the highest-scoring families and I think we had smiles on our faces the entire time (unless we’re struggling with an event – then it’s game faces!).
One of the things I love about crochet is that you can make any pattern in any color yarn you want. Even if the design isn’t “for your country” you can swap out the colors and boom! Now it’s your new favorite homeland swag.
Crochet Patterns to Celebrate the Olympics
1. Olympic Torch by 5 Little Monsters
Crochet Patterns for the USA
2. American Flag Blanket by Ambassador Crochet
3. 4th of July American Flag Fascinator Hat by Hooked on Patterns
4. USA Mug Rug
Crochet Patterns for Great Britain
5. Union Jack Fascinator Hat by Hooked on Patterns
Crochet Patterns for Canada
6. “Our Canada” Tote by Rich Textures Crochet
7. Canada Toque by Rich Textures Crochet
8. Maple Leaf Cup Cozy by Rich Textures Crochet
Crochet Patterns for Greece
9. Greek Doily by HandmadebyRaine
Crochet Patterns for Spain
10. Gaudi Sidewalk Blanket by Briana K Designs
Crochet Patterns for Ireland
11. Crochet Shamrock Hat by Ned and Mimi
I know I don’t have all the world’s countries represented here, so comment below if you have some other favorites and I’ll gladly add them to my list!
You can’t make all of these in one sitting, so be sure to save this page for later when you have time to come back to it.
Leave a Reply